Thursday, December 15, 2011

Seriously?

Some conversations with my significant other often just make me shake my head in wonder. Not like a winter wonder land type of wonder more of a hmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder what now.  Especially when it comes to the logistics of transportation once one of your vehicles decides that this is NOT the day that thou shalt drive. Today's lively little banter was just such a nugget.

The scene: at the dental office with Dr. Cheap Cheap drillin' away and my trusty terminal trainee at my side. More on that at a later date.

Assistant #1 answers the phone with her sing song "Good morning, Dr. Danger's office". Hands the receiver to me saying it's your hubby.

Tim via phone from the mechanics: You need to come get me, they need to keep your car and we need to get you a rental.

Me: Reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaly? Seriously?
Why would I come and get you if you need to rent me a car when you are standing in the mechanic's  car rental office? Just rent me a car and drive it to my office so you can take your big friggin truck I had to drive to work this morning without killing 97 illegal aliens in various crosswalks and exchange it with me.

Tim: Oh. ...Okay I'll rent the car and bring it over there.

Me: Honey? Don't rent something stupid, K? I don't need anything of Mr. Shelby's.  sigh

Some days are just not worth chewing off  the restraints. Hell, some are not even worth getting out of bed for and then there are those that are just like sneaking back out of the grave. And yet it's always a revelation when I find myself standing up and once again proclaiming to myself "Carpe diem"!

Today not so much. I am now driving a Mazda.

Carpe Noctem!
Dar















 









2 comments:

  1. Just another day in Paradise, Darlin. It's times like these you may want to review just how much you will get on his life insurance. Call me if you need tips on how to off him. I watched Alfred Hitchcock for years.

    ReplyDelete