No, not the artist McKinley Morganfield, aka Muddy Waters if
that’s what came to mind http://www.muddywaters.com/home.html but muddy gravelly water from
the parking lot of the office which caused
an insufferable offense to the carpet as I walked into the office this morning.
Unbeknownst to me the heel of my left boot was committing
this atrocity and leaving a path that the most novice of trackers could follow
without the aid of a full moon on a dark and stormy night. Halfway to my desk I hear, “Whoa…..STOP, who’s
filthy!!” rather like "Halt, who goes there?" from the Fort Apache movie from 1948! Not that I'm that old mind you but I do like old movies.
Seriously? Did I just hear El Jefe ask “who’s filthy”? How rude is that? Not who’s tracking mud, not who’s got something on the bottom of their shoes but “who’s filthy”? I don’t see guns drawn nor do I see John Wayne which would be difficult at best without a seance but okay, I’ll stop. Much to my dismay I see that my boot is the culprit and there is no denying that it’s on my left foot. Damn.
Seriously? Did I just hear El Jefe ask “who’s filthy”? How rude is that? Not who’s tracking mud, not who’s got something on the bottom of their shoes but “who’s filthy”? I don’t see guns drawn nor do I see John Wayne which would be difficult at best without a seance but okay, I’ll stop. Much to my dismay I see that my boot is the culprit and there is no denying that it’s on my left foot. Damn.
Forget that this is one, embarrassing and two, easily
remedied quietly with several multiple choice cleaning aids but you’d have
thought I’d just tracked in 3 pounds of elephant dung topped with a good dose
of Penzoil the way Mr. Clean was carrying on.
Why I do believe it might have compared to what one would refer to in
the venacular of the beloved South as a damn Hissy Fit. Bless his
heart!
Not one to miss a golden opportunity I’ll be sporting these courtesy of http://www.kiko-kids.com/product/ashiato/index_en.html
on my next trek through the parking lot and on into the office.
Seriously Dude? Mom’s
have been cleaning up tracked in mud and havin’ hissy fits over it for eons but
I doubt not a one compared to yours. In the meantime I'll be perusing the web to find Jack Ass tracks to add to the bottoms of your footwear.


No comments:
Post a Comment